Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Scrappy Jean Jems

I've been having way too much fun with denim refashions lately.

I made a braided denim rag rug for my kitchen, so I have something nice for my feet to stand on while doing dishes.  See more info on my blog.  


I cut up the pant legs to make the rug, but I didn't use the side seams.  

I had previously seen a pin on pinterest where they made bracelets out of the side seams of jeans, but unfortunately the pin linked to spam.    It was easy enough to figure out on my own, though.

If cut off carefully, there is a natural hole in the seam and you can slide a piece of bendable wire (I found mine at Michaels in the floral section) right through it.  Add a few beads, curl the ends and viola!  You have some new, funky, fun, stylish, scrappy jean jewelry gems!  You can see more on my blog.





There are so many options and ways you can style these.  What is great is that they are bendable and can be wrapped around just about anything or anywhere.  

I just kept it simple, as it was my first time playing with these scraps and I used what I had on hand.  I would love to see what others could do with this fun, versatile, stylish idea! 

~Peace!
Sticky Genius
Erinn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those little bracelets, they look fantastic!

Erica, EOD

Zoe said...

That rug is fabulous! The hard wearing denim should mean it'll last for years. Love it xx