Friday, August 31, 2012

T-Shirt Kimono Tunic

I tried my hand at Love Flow Creations' T-shirt refashion posted here.  Mine came out way too large, so I modified it and came up with this version:

tunic front
and back
  • I used a total of 2 t-shirts.  
  • The main shirt is just cut open at the sides and the sleeves are removed.  
  • The other 1/2 of a shirt is folded in half and sewn along the top to continue a shoulder seam. (Its neckline & sleeves had already been removed.)  
  • The raw edge of the folded 1/2 shirt is sewn to the raw edges of the main shirt to form a sleeve.  
  • The folded side should face outwards so you can cut a slit 1/3 of the way down it.  That way you can fit your arm through like a kimono sleeve.  
  • I left the bottom of the sleeve unstitched. 
    It was already hemmed since it's the bottom of the original shirt.  So is the main shirt.  
  • Then I added pockets to the bottom of the main shirt using the sleeves I had removed. 

here's what it looks like spread out on the floor

To see me wearing it, go to my blog Project Minima, "T-Shirt Tunic Mod"


2 comments:

Refashion said...

I love the idea! I'll have to keep an eye out for t-shirts I'd like to reuse in this way. -Seeks, EOD

pao said...

Actually, I used t-shirts I didn't care for on this one, just in case. But whenever I do where, I get so many compliments - even from strangers!