Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brown ruffles and strips of fabric

BEFORE:  maternity like sweater


IMG_0394
From the front it was “ok”, but not so much from the side.  See? It’s exactly where I’d want the waist line to fall if I wanted to show off a cute baby belly. But I’m trying to CAMOUFLAUGE that area, not highlight it. 

I cut off 6 inches from the length of the sweater right under the bust, keeping the original hem line.   Then I randomly sewed strips of fabric across the front.   Now the hem of the sweater falls at my hips which is more flattering.   The ruffles and strips both add texture and interest.  

AFTER:  ruffles and stuff sweater
IMG_3073

Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great , I like the way the criss cross strips give texture

Nettie said...

That looks amazing!!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

With a little snip here and there you have turned a frumpy top into flattering and interesting.

concretenprimroses said...

I love the kind of "self-patchwork" using sweater pieces. Looks very good on you .
Kathy

The Renegade Seamstress said...

This really turned out nice. So much more flattering now! Great job!