Monday, September 10, 2012

Men's Shirt to Racerback Ruffles

Source: prettystuff.tumblr.com via Julia on Pinterest
A while ago, I was inspired by this pin (right), which I found on pinterest. I was never able to find the original source of the image or what the front of the shirt looked like, but I put it on my list as a thing to try out some day.

I thrifted a men's shirt for $3 at goodwill and set to cutting it up. I cut the arms off first and then started pinning it on my dress form. I ended up taking in the front with darts, and cutting a large amount of fabric out of the center back of the shirt. Some dressform manipulation and a lot basting later, I came to this! The ruffles were made with pieces cut from the sleeves.

It's still a little bit too big for me and I think I'll have to take it in some more, but I was too eager to wait any longer to share :-)













3 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute refashion! I really like this :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this you did a very good job!

Refashion said...

LOVE a good men's shirt refashion! This is adorable...thanks for sharing!
Jenni EOD