Friday, September 07, 2012

Refashioned Lace Embellishment


I'm trying so hard to get back into the refashioning habit again but work is just eating up all my free time!  I've got a very simple refashion to share today and I am very fond of this one.

We start with this maroon dress.  You're getting a sneak peak of one of my many other projects I'm working on.


I removed the lace embellishment and sewed it to a piece of felt for extra support.


I trimmed around the lace, cutting as close to the seam as I could.


I had every intention of making this into a headband but I couldn't find the right elastic.  I was too eager to wait so I pinned it to my hair and I think it turned out rather well.



And there you have it!  Visit my blog if you would like to see additional photo's and more projects like this one.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I love it! I have a stained shirt with really pretty lace embellishment that I've been saving for something. May just have to steal your idea :)

-Natalli (EOD)