Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dye hits and misses

So I bought some dye to do a pair of jeans that had faded but were in great condition, navy to get them as dark as I could. And the jeans turned out great! I tried a little ombre effect on a couple of other pieces just to see how they'd come out...one, I knew wouldn't take the dye very well as it was a cheap rayon piece...the other was 100% cotton but still didn't achieve the depth of color at the bottom that I was looking for. So, I may need to rerun that through a navy and black dye bath to see if I can achieve the look I was going for. Well, here a few pics of the pieces as they were and now are!
This is an identical of the before of the now sleeveless jacket.

Taking a dip!

Another dip!

The rayon...you can see the gradations...sort of ;)


The jeans are super dark! Love it! (the darkness of the photo helps add to that, hehe) but they really are dark!

 I've got an XL denim top to jacket coming up in the next couple of days, so stay tuned :) Here's a sneak peak of the before...

Hope you all are well and keep up the refashions, because I love seeing everyone's ideas and the creations that come out of those ideas!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

TracyKM said...

Cool! Rayon can dye really well if you use the right dye, like Procion MX. It's also what I would use for jeans. I used to use RIT for re-dyeing jeans but the Procion is so much better since it's designed for plant fibers. Maybe I should give that a go on some faded jeans I just got trombone slide oil on...

Andrea said...

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll try again on the rayon jacket so I'll check this out :)