Saturday, October 20, 2012

Easy "refashions"

So, some may not consider these next photos proper refashions, but I think that refashioning can sometimes mean leaving the article of clothing in its found form (i.e. no sewing, cutting, etc) and transform it by how it is styled. I've got a few examples of just this type of situation.

This first top was something I spotted because of the gorgeous print, and it just so happened to fit! All it needed was a cinch at the waist. In comes a vintage braided wire belt to match this vintage patterned top :)






This next one is a hand and machine sewn blouse of a gauzy cotton flower print fabric. Vintage and gorgeous! Love the combo of aqua and pink/pale coral. It is made for a wider body frame than mine, but I couldn't bring myself to undo any of the hand sewing of the original maker. So, I came up with a few different ways of wearing it!






This last one is a maxi dress I picked up at a nearby Goodwill store. I've styled it here for fall, seeing as I bought it once the temps had already dropped here. I don't always love a maxi dress with boots for the fall. I'd like to have the option of wearing it shorter in order to break up my body with a little peek-a-boo knee action ;) So for the shorter version, I simply pulled the dress up under the belt and bloused it down over to completely hide the belt and bring the length up considerably.




 Love to find multi-purpose clothing, so if I can wear it more than one way, I'm definitely getting my dollars worth (especially since the most expensive piece was the dress at $6, $1 more than I spent on the two tops combined). Hope you enjoy these simple ways of styling/refashioning! Anyone can do this...it doesn't always take needle and thread.

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow



4 comments:

Iris said...

Very clever! Love this!

Cucicucicoo said...

good ideas for quick, sew-less refasioning! :) lisa

Refashion said...

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Love your quick and easy ideas for ne sew refashions! Clever girl!
Beth