Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gecko top to Lacy top refashion

Somewhere amongst all the house-sewing i have been doing recently, a couple of ‘me’ projects worked themselves in :) One was this top.
I started with an old and well-loved strappy top of mine with a faded gecko print and a couple of holes in the front, and a pink stretch-lace cardigan-thing from a charity shop, which i’d bought purely for the fabric. (The dress is another old and worn item of mine which is soon to be upcycled but i didn’t get round to today – its story will be continued later!)

I decided to dispense with the front of the gecko top as it was really too worn and holey, and made the original back into the new front. I basically cut the front and back apart and used the original front (the gecko side) as a template to create a new back for the top out of the pink lace. I also used some of the lace to make a heart appliqué for the front of the top. Finished result:


Not the world’s best pictures, sorry, but you get the idea! More details on my blog!

1 comment:

Adele said...

That is too cute! I love the back!

Adele - EOD