Monday, October 15, 2012














Hello everyone, it's me again with some new creations.  Now this is not one of my designs.  They were inspired by a design out of DIY fashions book.  I made them more Love Flow Creations style by adding lace, doilies, scrap fabric, and such to these skirts.  These pictures of them just hanging on hangers really don't do them justice to how cute they look on.

To make them you simply botton two coordinating men's shirts together.  Yea, that's it!!!!  The collors become your waistband.  So, the waist size depends on what size neck shirts you botton together.  Me, I've got some fluffy on me, so I just unbotton the top botton on one side so the skirt will fit my thicker waist.  I have added scraps and such to mine, which requires sewing.  But if that's not your style you can totally botton these up with no sewing at all.

For the short-sleeved skirts I have turned the sleeves in and sewn up the ends to create shallow pockets.  Four of them.  For the long sleeved shirt skirts I've tied the sleeves of the two different sleeves together to make this cool bustle type look.

If you haven't checked out your nearest book stores for upcycled clothing books, you really should.  There are a lot of great ones getting published, and don't forget to look for Altered Couture Magazine.  A must read for for all creative upcycled clothing designers.  You've all ready found one of the best blogs for refashioning clothing right here at Refashion Co-op.

4 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

What a fascinating idea. I'm not sure it will look good on me, but it won't be hard to find out! Thanks for sharing.
Kathy

twobutterflies said...

Cute idea!

Refashion said...

Great idea - I would like to see how they hang when worn. i love the use of doilies.

Debbie EOD

concretenprimroses said...

It just occurred to me that this would make a good bottom half of a jester tunic if you cut contrasting shirts up the back and then sewed the wrong ones together so that you would have alternating colors.
Kathy