Wednesday, October 03, 2012

How to Alter Nike Shorts

The title on this post may be a little misleading. These shorts are actually Under Armour. Whatevs. I have several pair of Nike shorts and Nike-like shorts that ended up being too big. For awhile I didn't wear them because they made my legs look like sticks. Which is uncool. But then I realized that for five minutes and some thread, I can easily make them fit me. 
Here's the "Before"

I started by turning them inside out and separating the shorts part from the lining part. All I did was sew a new seam an inch above the existing seam between the two legs. It makes the shorts fit smaller and shrinks the leg holes a little bit also.
Just sew that one seam!
And then you have a pair of shorts that does not balloon out in the leg holes. Which is stellar.

Would you like to join in on my "31 Days of Copycats"? I've set a blogging goal for this month and would love your input and comments. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, really that easy? Must try!

Thanks for sharing

Erica EOD