Thursday, October 18, 2012

Refashion: Capri's to Skirt

Hello Refashionistas! I am excited to share this refashion with you since Capri's are plentiful at thrift stores in all sorts of colors, sizes, and patterns! Of course I did this refashion back in July so it's more summery, but you can use any Capri's to make a skirt for any time of the year with this tutorial!

Today's refashion: turning a pair of Capri's into a skirt!


BEFORE.
I used a pair of capris and a button up dress shirt for this refashion.
And in case you can't tell...the shirt is actually a dark pink.


 
STEP 1: Find a pair of Capri's that fit you in the waist, and find some fabric for the insert for the back. I used a pillow case for the base and a pink dress shirt for the ruffles.

STEP 2: Read this tutorial I wrote to make your very own skirt!

STEP 3: Wear your skirt proudly!

AFTER

This skirt is really comfortable and I really like how it turned out! I actually have several other pairs of Capri's I'd like to turn into a similar skirt! I really should get one made up before it gets too cold so I can enjoy it in this lovely weather we are having!

Until next time!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard to believe that skirt used to be a pair of trousers!!

Erica, EOD

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I know! I had a interesting time figuring out how to make it work, but I love how it turned out! I can't wait for spring so I can whip up a few more of these!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog