Thursday, October 25, 2012

Refashion: Jeans to Denim Skirt with Ruffles!

Hello all! I am back for my final refashion post this month! In case you missed any of my previous ones: This project is one that took me a good bit of time, but it was so worth the time!

Today's Refashion: Jeans to a denim skirt with ruffles in the middle!

BEFORE.
This is the only pic I have of the jeans before I ripped them open for refashioning.

STEP 1: Find a pair of jeans that fit you well. Grab a lot of white (or other color) fabric. I used a pillow case for the base and then two different fabrics for the ruffles: eyelet and solid white.

STEP 2: Follow this tutorial, which has a lot of pics in it, to make your very own skirt!

STEP 3: Wear the life out of this adorable thing! I wear mine a lot and get compliments on it from complete strangers! Here are a few different ways I've put this skirt with other clothing articles to make a cute outfit: Dressing Up Denim (the outfit details from the photo below), White Ruffles & Lace (a summer outfit), Baby Blue & Brown (a fall outfit), and White Ruffles & Purple (a fall outfit).

AFTER.
One of my favorite skirts to wear this past summer!

Until next time!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

3 comments:

sarasyaiera (: said...

wow.. so nice the skirt.. i really liked. *^^*

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Thank you!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

Very cool, I've seen a few jean shorts turned into skirts, but not many full length jeans. Turned out great!

Erica, EOD