Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Glitter-tastic

My reading glasses are falling apart.  Literally.  For the last couple of years, the only thing holding the lens in is a staple twisted through the screw hole.  Well I finally had enough so I purchased a 3 pack of reading glasses from Walmart.  Glasses these days have turned into works of art and these plain Jane glasses just weren't going to cut it. 

While at Walmart, I also bought Mod Podge, paint, paint brushes, and glitter. 



The paint is for refashioning the other glasses which I'm not sharing today so ignore that.

I applied the Mod Podge around the lens frames and sprinkled glitter all over the glue.  I let this dry and then filled in gaps with more Mod Podge and glitter.  I kept doing this until I was satisfied with the glitter coverage.  And there you have it. 


Other reading glass refashions soon to come!  Visit my blog if you're interested.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great for the holiday season! Superb

Erica, EOD