Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hybrid Dress

I got this gray sweater-jumper at a clothing swap.  Besides being too big, I also didn't like the straps.
So I bought a purple sweater at the Goodwill and just combined the two.  I also took the dress in a little on the sides. The ring on the waist strap came off another shirt.  Then I used the jumper straps to make a tie for the gray sweater on the mannequin, which I turned into a cardigan. I'm still searching for a use for the rest of the purple sweater but I know it will come to me.  The dress is really comfortable to wear to work. I love sweater dressing!

4 comments:

Judy C said...

I love the dress you made.

Nettie said...

This is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic, and looks so incredibly comfortable

Erica EOD

GJ said...

This is one of the nicest re-do's I have seen. Love the finished look.