Friday, November 09, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest: Purple Geode Slice Choker

A lot of people, including me are obsessed with Pinterest. A few weeks ago, I pinned a beautiful cuff by Mercedes Salazar, sold on Shopbop.

Pinned Image
I decided to upcycle a 1970s era Trifari two-toned choker I bought as part of a bulk bag deal at an estate sale, by using brass craft wire from the local Dollar Tree

a purple agate slice I purchased in August 2012 from Sterling Hill Mine in Ogdensburg, NJ

and some Super Glue


I hammered the wire

twisted the wire, glued it and mounted it to the choker during my lunch break.



Shopbop's original price: $198.00. It's on sale for $99. I spent no more than $10! Woo hoo! A quickie DIY, and a stylish bargain! Saint Salvage strikes again.

6 comments:

Zhenya H said...

I love your DIY! Great way to save money on an accessory! I have an agate pendant and I might just reuse my stone the same way!
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Lovenicky said...

I like your version more than the other one. Great job!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Cool. Great statement piece.

The Renegade Seamstress said...

So pretty!

cookiecrumbs said...

I can't believe you did this in your lunch break! Looks fantastic!

Andrea said...

Love this as a statement piece! Great job!