Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rainy Day Blues...and Pinks

Are you experiencing unpredictable weather in your neck of the woods?  Well, we are.  Don't get me wrong.  Hawaii is a beautiful place to be especially as we're entering the winter/humpback whale season; but lately, the weather has been slightly bipolar.   It's hot and humid one day, blustery hurricane winds the next, torrential downpour to follow, with temperatures ranging from 52-99 degrees F thrown in for good measure.
*Disclaimer:  I know, 52 is a lot warmer than most of you experience in the winter, but....its Hawaii

Today just so happened to be a scattered shower/no school day which meant one thing:  indoor entertainment.  Luckily for me, my Little Guy enjoys crafting as much as I do.  So after a scavenger hunt through my refashion drawer we came up with this:
an old/tunic that I originally bought from a Forever 21 type junior store and
a jersey racerback tank.
The print and colors of this tunic were to die for but had one major problem....
 the super plunging neckline!
After a quick fix, plunging problem solved:

More details on the refash here

Always singing in the rain,
Maui Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your recent weather does not sound too dissimilar from Melbourne (Australia) weather. That's what we get every week! Four seasons in one day..

A beautiful remix here, adore the hot pink colour on you, looks great Maui Girl.

I missed seeing your son in the photograph today :)

Erica EOD