Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Seeing Spots

This dress was another last-minute grab at the clothes swap I attended last month. It's an XL, is missing its belt, and has a big rip up the back seam. But I love the sheer polka-dotted fabric!

Polka Dot Top - BeforePolka Dot Top - In Progress

I chopped off the top and flipped it upside down. I repaired the torn seam and made new armholes. I pleated the new collar to bring in the excess fabric. And finally, I trimmed the underdress to be just a cami. And now to put it back together...

Polka Dot Top - After

Click on over to CarissaKnits for more details!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Clever plan to turn it upside down! Not sure I would have thought of that.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

That's really clever, turning upside down. Its amazing what you can do with a garment when you look at it differently. Thanks for sharing Carissa!

Erica EOD