Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Skirt for me, sweater for dog, coffee bag wallets

Well, I haven't done as much sewing as I'd like.

I still need (rather boring) things to wear to work but don't want to buy new!

The before pictures of this skirt are even harder to see then the after so I deleted them.  You will have to take my word that it was totally shockingly bell shaped.  It is stretchy material, originally sewn with a pro serger so I had my doubts.  Fortunately it came out great with my zig zagging old machine.  And I didnt' alter the thin stretchy lining at all, doesn't seem to matter.

CIMG2711

I got a cute tiny shrunken partly wool sweater at the local TS for $1.25.  I was going to make a hat and mittens for me but the realized it would like nice on my little dog who gets cold very easily.  I had hoped to have the mittens made from the sleeves by the time I posted, but ah well next month.

CIMG2714

You can see from the one above that the sleeves have a nice gauntlet like look.  I just need another sweater to make the palms and thumb since I used up the rest on the dog.

CIMG2716

I dont' know if this counts as a refashion, but I made a bunch of coffee bag wallets.  A bit old hat perhaps, but I had all these coffee bags and I needed to do something with them.  I love mine so much.  It is so thin, I can carry it in my back pocket of my jeans an I forget its there.  They smell like coffee of course, one of my favorite smells.  I wish there was a coffee smelling perfume!

CIMG2717

Happy refashioning!

Kathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Refashion for your doggy, so cute!

and yes,coffee bags refashioned as wallets definitely count, they look great!

Erica, EOD