Friday, November 23, 2012

Vest to Skirt #2

I have another sweater vest today that wants to be a skirt now. The neckline on this one was a bit higher than the green vest-skirt from the previous post though, so I decided to do a little more to keep some length.

Navy Vest to Skirt - Before

I trimmed this one below the neckline, instead of below the armholes. Then I used some of the leftover fabric from the top to fill in the bottom half of the armholes. Lastly, I attached an elastic waistband. And now I've got another comfy knit skirt, but a little longer this time and with an interesting hip detail.

Navy Vest to Skirt - After

And it's perfect for cooler weather!

Navy Vest to Skirt - After

More details and pics at CarissaKnits!

2 comments:

Cucicucicoo said...

love those details on the hips! looks great! :) lisa

Unknown said...

A great skirt matched with your tights and boots, looks really good

Erica EOD