Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Refashion Co-op Inspired Shrug

Howdy!

A very simple refashion to share with you today; a pullover shirt to a shrug. I can't find the before picture, so if I ever do, I will modify this post. Since it is such a simple refashion, I think you will get what happened even without the before pic.

I've modified the refashion in this lovely post. I have always loved this green shirt, a hand-me-down from a friend, but it was so old that the material was starting to develop small holes. I had set it aside with the intention of sewing small flowers and so forth over them, but I just did not have the time. Then I saw Beth Huntington's post and decided to modify it. I've taken a scrap piece of panne velvet and sewed it up to create a pull over shrug, The bunching hides the holes.

I wore it to work the other day and got a surprising number of compluiments. It falls nicely, despite the evidence suggested by this awkward pose!

Thanks for looking!

Elise Too

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I love the color and am so glad that you found such a fun way to continue to enjoy a favorite piece. -Seeks, EOD