Thursday, December 06, 2012

Refashioning a necklace

November was crazy-busy for me, and I did very little refashioning. I haven't posted in just about a month, though, so here is a quick jewelry "refashion" I did last week. I was excited to try the technique, so I forgot to take a "before" picture, but it is not hard to imagine.

I started with a rhinestone necklace - the kind that is a few dollars at the thrift store. I took three shades of nail polish - blue, turquoise, and green - and painted the rhinestones. Here's how it turned out.


And here is a close-up. I have a bunch of clothes in these colors, so I hope to get a lot of use out of this piece.


And this month, I hope to refashion some actual clothes!

Amy

4 comments:

Hailey Aryn said...

Gorgeous! :D

Sandy said...

This is pretty awesome!
Sandy in the UK

Zhenya H said...

That's super cute! I use nail polish in my refashions too!
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Refashion said...

So simple but very effective. I love the color choices too. -Seeks, EOD