Friday, December 28, 2012

Strapless refashions in cold December

I guess I'm missing the warmer weather because all I want to refashion are strapless numbers.


For the black dress I removed the baby blue ribbon and strap because it just didn't seem to match. The dress is made of a thick cotton spandex blend that had a lining of the same material. I removed that too, and did a general cinching and hemming. Then threw on a belt. Voila!


And just a quick nip and tuck for this shiny number perfect for the holiday season! The previous owner had sewn the straps on with fishing line!

More info about these two dresses here: http://artnerdy.blogspot.com/2012/12/refashioning-frocks.html


Happy refashioning!
Marisa

2 comments:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Both dresses are uber cute! I am wishing for warm weather too!

Lauren EOD

Huli said...

sweet dresses looking lovely x