Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Sundress refashion.

Hi all! I've been rather busy with some study I have taken on, plus I have been madly making Christmas presents for friends and family. However, here's a dress refashion I finished a little while ago.
I have been inspired by The Renegade Seamstress's  dress refashions, so I decided I would give it a try. I loved the colours and the floral print of this dress, and the gather detail under the bust - but it was a bit big, and the crossover front didn't do a lot for me. 


So I cut the bodice off at the under-bust seamline, keeping the gather detail. I turned the bodice  around and cut a lower neckline, making the back the new front. I used a piece of fabric from a pair of ripped shorts to break up the pattern, cut the skirt a bit shorter and put a zipper in the back. New sundress!

I'll get this up on my blog in a bit more detail in the next week or so if you are inclined to pop over for a visit!

Happy stitches!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I love this look; it's a little mod and the brown waist really adds to the appeal of the fabric. Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD