Friday, January 18, 2013

High-neck "Victorian" to V-neck victory!

Here's a basic tutorial on my latest refashion! This has been one of my resolutions, so please give me feedback on how I do :)

I found this lovely number (you guessed it!) at my fav local thrift store. I paid probably $4 for it because I loved the lace.

Now, my initial thought was to make this a sleeveless top, and possibly opening up the back to make it a little bit sexy. However, when I tried it on, I got a bit of a different vision. So, I carefully removed the lace...
which left me with this.
Now, I loved the new neckline that removing the lace created, but it was hanging a little low. I needed to figure out how to bring up the neckline without making this too complicated. So, first, I decided to pinch in the seams at the top of the shoulders and sew...like so.
I did this on both shoulders and it brought up the V just a bit. I then pinned and finished off the neckline by running it through my machine.
This still left the V a little too low for my taste. I decided to pinch the sides of the V together at the bottom to the point where I wanted it to end, then sewed down this pinched bit of fabric(like a dart) a few inches down the front of the top.
And that's all she wrote! I had just the right depth on the V and a new top that I love!
Now, what to do with that lovely lace?! We'll see where that ends up...
Hope you enjoyed this one!
Peace
Andrea
LittleDidYouKnow

5 comments:

Jana said...

Nice refashion. It inspired me to actually add some lace to some of my top to have it bit more Victorian style.

La La Lauren!!! said...

OOh I love that shirt now! Fabulous!

LaLaLauren
EOD

Unknown said...

And I'm really curious to see where that lace eventually ends up. Beautiful job!

Zhenya H said...

Love the refashion! Can I have the leftover lace??? :)))
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Andrea said...

@Zhenya- :) sorry! I LOVE lace and will hoard it until the perfect project comes up. But thank you all for your lovely comments!