DID YOU KNOW? If you have two refashions ready, you could post one refashion now and could schedule the second refashion at a later time. When you start a new post, simply click on SCHEDULE -- located on the right under POST SETTINGS. A calendar should appear, and all you need to do is pick a date and time for your post to appear on the blog. Scheduling a future post is great for those times when you know you'll be away from your computer yet need to complete your monthly post as per the Posting Guidelines. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Friday, 18 January 2013

Topsy Turvy Tunic

I liked the bright peachy color and the embroidery of this clothes swap tunic, but it's really unflattering on me. I've found that I'm too short-waisted to pull off a top like this. I've decided to turn this thing on its head!

Topsy Turvy Top - Before

I cut off the top portion and flipped it upside down. I reused the edging from the sleeves to finish off my new bottom hemline. I opened up the old side seams to become my new armholes and tacked a couple spots together to form the shoulders. And it's finished!

Topsy Turvy Top - After

Now I just have to wait for it to get warm enough to wear it.

Topsy Turvy Top - AfterTopsy Turvy Top - After

More details and pics can be found at CarissaKnits.

6 comments:

Mezzy M said...

Great transformation from frumpy to really cool.

Sandy said...

wow! good thinking outside the box.
Sandy in the UK

twobutterflies said...

what a great idea! Looks awesome on you now!

Andrea said...

Very cute, and yes, way more flattering! the before style wouldn't work for me either, so I'm liking that I can see these types of tops and know what to do with them :) Thanks!

Mikelina said...

wow! Thoroughly impressed by your abillity to think outside the box. I have a lot to learn.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Wow that is a great take on a top! I love what you did with it! :)

LaLaLauren
EOD