Friday, January 18, 2013

Topsy Turvy Tunic

I liked the bright peachy color and the embroidery of this clothes swap tunic, but it's really unflattering on me. I've found that I'm too short-waisted to pull off a top like this. I've decided to turn this thing on its head!

Topsy Turvy Top - Before

I cut off the top portion and flipped it upside down. I reused the edging from the sleeves to finish off my new bottom hemline. I opened up the old side seams to become my new armholes and tacked a couple spots together to form the shoulders. And it's finished!

Topsy Turvy Top - After

Now I just have to wait for it to get warm enough to wear it.

Topsy Turvy Top - AfterTopsy Turvy Top - After

More details and pics can be found at CarissaKnits.

6 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Great transformation from frumpy to really cool.

Sandy said...

wow! good thinking outside the box.
Sandy in the UK

twobutterflies said...

what a great idea! Looks awesome on you now!

Andrea said...

Very cute, and yes, way more flattering! the before style wouldn't work for me either, so I'm liking that I can see these types of tops and know what to do with them :) Thanks!

Mikelina said...

wow! Thoroughly impressed by your abillity to think outside the box. I have a lot to learn.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Wow that is a great take on a top! I love what you did with it! :)

LaLaLauren
EOD