Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Cool and Colourful T-shirt !

Hello to all,

Here is a quick project I made a few years ago and I have not posted here.  I was teaching a sewing afterschool activity and we had a lot of donated t-shirts.  So I made a patchwork t-shirt, using all those old donated t-shirts.  I used one of my t-shirts for the pattern.  It is still, to this day, one of my favorite t-shirts and it goes with litterally EVERYTHING !


I never thought it would come out so nice !  And I did not even have my serger yet !


Here is the back - a plain burgundy that matches the sleeves.  All from large men's t-shirts !



I am also wearing a really cool necklace made from a drawer handle, a fork and some other knikc-knacks.


A great project for those pesky scraps we don't have the heart to throw out !

Hope you liked it !

Lots more projects on my blog: sewliltime.

Peace

Claudia

4 comments:

Refashion said...

I love the colorful array of shirts you used! The shirt looks like it's fun to wear just by default because of those colors. And the drawer handle for the necklace is a great idea!-Seeks, EOD

Dominique said...

Thanks ! I just had so much fun cutting up little squares and assembling them :)

Cucicucicoo said...

how wonderful! i have a bag full of t-shirt sleeves... i'm thinking i'm going to do this with the sleeves! :) lisa

Dominique said...

So nice Lisa ! Hope we get to see it !