Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A little off the sides

Hi all! Been a bit busy with exams but here's one refashion I prepared earlier. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, but basically... it had sleeves. And I took them off.


It cost me $3 from Vinnies. I liked the little necktie that it already had and I thought it would be great for the current fad for sleeveless button-up shirts.

I used the sleeves to make some binding to deal with the armhole edges. I also added a bust dart as it was a little gape-y. It's a really silky, lightweight polyester material that's quite lovely to wear.

Here's another quick one that I did a while back. I picked up this crushed silk skirt at a market stall for $3. The shirt, I can't even remember when, where or how much; I obsessively buy silk shirts.


Anyway, the skirt was that sort of mid-calf length that's not particularly flattering, but I love a maxi skirt (I've loved maxi skirts since the early 90's, when I made a black one in a stretch fabric. It's totally trendy again and I still have it! Heh heh.) So I added a bit of length and there you go.


The perspective's a bit out in the photo, but it is full-length on me. And it's delightful to wear! Mmm, silk.

Catch you soon! Happy refashioning.

Laura

2 comments:

Adele said...

I really like both of them, especially the skirt :)

Adele - EOD

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

That skirt is adorable!! I love the idea!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog