Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hoodie Sweater to 80's Sweater Vest Refashion

This is a quick little refashion I figured I would share.  

I recently went through and tried to purge some of my old clothes.  An action that does not go very well for someone who likes to refashion clothes.  I don't think I got rid of much.  This hoodie I was unable to part with.

Here is the sweater before.  This is me, post baby, eight years ago.  This was my first time going out for a drink after having my son.  I think he was about 3 months old.  I was going to suck it up and give him formula for the first time, too.  Pump and dump! :)  Cheers ... lol!

Obviously this sweater has been around a while.



Here it is now as more of a fitted 80's sweater vest.  I cut off the hood and the sleeves and just left it raw.  I had to undo the bottom band, took in the sides, then re-attached the band after altering to fit the sized down sweater.  I'm digging it.  We will see if it gets more time out of the drawer.


I like the 80's vibe.  It will fit in nicely here by the beach.  Come on warmer weather!


Thanks for looking :)
Erinn
Sticky Genius

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, its always good to prolong the length of wear in a garment, now you can get some summer use out of your new vest!

Erica, Editor on Duty