Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LBD redo!

Here's a quick refashion that was inspired by this idea I found on Pinterest. It's from the "P.S.- I made this..." website and their version can be found here! I already owned a dress very similar to the one they used, though mine was already the just-above-the-knee length.

I did not have a lace tee to use, but I did have this lace tie-front shrug/jacket thing. I'd only ever worn each of these pieces once, and I've had them each for several years now.
Now, I could have simply put the jacket on under the dress and left it as it was, but all that extra lace hanging down at the bottom wouldn't be utilized and I'm sure I can find something to use it for :) So, off it came and I ran the bottom through the machine to give it a new hem.
Now it's a true shrug. Instead of sewing this to the top of the dress, I'm simply going to put it on under the dress. This way, I achieve the look that I liked when I first saw the idea, but I get the flexibility of wearing it with other outfits! Here's the final look :)
I like this option better as I like the more open neckline :)
Please excuse my dusty mirror photos ;)
I couldn't get a good full-length photo for you all, but you get the idea here...I like that this now feels a little more fancy, a bit more covered up, and again, not a permanent change to the dress itself :) Hope you enjoy this quick and easy refash!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really lovely. I am all for the lace look.
Eddie EOD

concretenprimroses said...

Its charming and romantic.