Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mini Skirt to Mini Bag

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am happy to be sharing on Refashion Co-op.

My daughter has a friend who had a skirt she wanted made into a purse. I had made a few purses from skirts and shorts so I agreed.

I found a scrap piece of fabric for the liner I knew would match the color. There was enough to make a zippered pocket on the inside and a shoulder strap. It was perfect to have the colorful floral fabric on the inside of the burgundy corduroy skirt.
I put an X to hold the shoulder strap, stitched and squared the bottom of the skirt.


Here is the final piece. She has enjoyed the purse and my daughter continues to come home with projects for herself and her friends.
To see the various items I repurpose or upcycle please follow me on Twitter @MsJeanUpcycles , Pinterest MsJeanUpcycles or Facebook Ms Jean Upcycles

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done. Good choice of contrast fabric.

Unknown said...

That's a great first blog post here on RC. Love the colour of this bag

Erica, Editor on Duty

Adele said...

That is an awesome idea. I actually have a little denim mini from when I was younger which I have been reluctant to throw out / give away. Now I know what I am gong to be doing with it, thanks to you :) Just need to find some lovely floral material for the lining. Thanks for the inspiration!

- Adele @ Mammy Made