Friday, February 15, 2013

My beautiful friend Shannon came over to see me today, and was kind enough to model my small refashions for me.  The burgundy cardigan was a ribbed turtle neck that I cut up the center front.  I have added a doilie to the back and front.  Along the hem I have added tea stained vintage linen napkins cut into fourths and burgundy fringe.

The second cardigan was a sweater dress with a stain in the front.  I cut the sweater dress about 2/3 of the way down, where the stain was.  I kept the bottom piece in a tube shape because I made it into a skirt, which you will see in a different post.  The top of the sweater dress I cut open to made a cardigan. 

I put a vintage star shaped doilie on the back and hem.  I the front I used scraps to make an interesting abstact design down both sides of the front.  For the closure I used a feather earring given to me by a friend on one side and a vintage metal button on the other side.











Shannon looks so fabulous in the cardigan I about sent it home with her, but I think I might wait and surprise her with it as a present in the future.  Laters babe.  Yes, I am referencing the Fifty Shades of Grey books.  Shannon loaned me all three books.  Great steamy reading. :-)

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

love them all wow! :)

LaLaLauren EOD