Thursday, February 07, 2013

What a look


on this guy’s face, eh? To me it says: ‘I can’t believe my mother/girlfriend bought me this’. Perhaps catalogue modelling is not his calling. 


Buuuut...I do like that funky shirt idea (clearly I am going a little stir crazy here in the cold wet grey of my current time zone) so I tore this page from the Skymall catalogue last time I was at 36,000 feet. This was the morning to do something about it.


I’ll wear this to my quilt lecture for a friend’s church group later this month (about 80 came to my pearl knotting lecture last year!). I must say, I thought I would save some time by patching in a button placket instead of making the facing, then adding buttonholes and buttons. This was NOT the case, but I really like the final effect.


Assorted little details (and pictures of the quilt to be made with the scraps) are over on my blog

IWOM

4 comments:

Sandy said...

That is soooo much better than the photo! I think if the original shirt the man is wearing was a mixture of patterns in the same colour, it would be a happier look!
Anyway, well done on yours! Good luck with the lecture.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

I agree with Sandy. I've never liked those shirts, but I actually really like your take on it. I'd love to see it on-I'll go check your blog to see if there's a pic of that. Nice job!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

I like how you have created interest by using the same colour tonings but different patterns. This makes it fresh, individual and stylish.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Oh wow that is fabulous!

Lalalauren EOD