Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A little bit of this and that...

Tidying up my blog and Refashion Co-Op I realized I missed a few posts so I thought I would put them all in one.... enjoy!

1. First is a white silk scarf I somehow wound up with and I don't know how. I don't know if someone gave it to me to refashion or what exactly.
It was too plain. In conjunction with another project, I dyed it with the new RIT color Aqua (which btw is fabulous!) Then I tried my hand at stamping with peacock feather stamp-b/c I am slightly obsessed with peacock feathers. My end project looks like this (which you can read about here). I am in love with this scarf!

2. Next project is also sort of simple, I removed a turtleneck from a wool sweater. I am bound and determine to wear color this past winter so I went for an orange sweater. Yes it is orange!
I removed the turtleneck and I am in the process of turning the leftover fabric into a cozy. Here is my after!
You can read all of what I did here. But it was a nice way to add color to my work wardrobe.

3. This was a super easy refashion. Sometimes it is just the little details that need to be changed on a clothing item in order for it to work. Take this red sweater with buttons.
The buttons serve absolutely ZERO purpose but they I guess were added to jazz it up??? Who knows but I thought they needed to go and it really changed the way the sweater looked. I added a tank top with some sparkly detail underneath to compliment the neckline.
To me the sweater flows visually and now I have 6 red buttons for another project. More on this project here.

4. Last but not least! This refashion was almost a mistake. Or you could call it serendipity...
The right sleeve of this shirt was made weird and tended to pull, which then offset the symmetry of the top. I had full intentions of taking out the sleeves and turning it into a sleeveless shirt, when I accidentally put it on backwards. And lo! It worked! Bizarrely! I could move my arms fine and no need for me to bust out the seam ripper. Yes!

And yes I have a tag on my neck so I do know that I am wearing it backwards. LOL For more on this project click here.

Well now I am all caught up! Yay!

xoxoxo,
LaLalauren

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it's always nice to have a bit of a tidy :-)
Love the scarf - will go and see how you did it.
Eddie

Lovenicky said...

Excellent refashioning! Really like that scarf!

cookiecrumbs said...

These all look great! Definitely going to see how you did that scarf, the feather print is perfect.