Friday, March 29, 2013

An anti-fail shirt refashion

Hiya! I've been having some tragic fails with my refashioning lately, but finally came through with the goods on this one.

Starting point was this men's dress shirt in a pretty, stretchy woven fabric:


I'm not much of an off-the-cuff designer, so I tend to use patterns to help me along with my refashions. For this I used a pattern from Burda Magazine June 2011. The pattern used a side zipper - I can't stand side zippers, I'm not sure why - but I used the existing button closure, which I switched around to the back for my shirt.

There were a couple of hairy moments when I unpicked the original darts only to find the teeny holes the pattern markers used, but the darts I was adding in just needed a nudge in the right direction to cover those up.


If you want the full story, head over to the blog. And have a happy Easter - or just enjoy the long weekend!

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

ooh! very nice!

LaLaLauren
EOD