Saturday, March 09, 2013

Black Cardigan gets a Face Lift

Greetings refashioners!
I have now switched hats from editor here and back to contributor (no worries it is only temporary!). So I started off with a black cardigan that was way too big. And unfortunately the before picture got lost. But really its just a plain black cardigan. Too big and baggy. I decided to add some "spice" to it. I had some rhinestones from a collar of a top that I pulled off and decided to add to this cardigan.
I then also slimmed down the sleeves etc.
And this was my end product.I love my new cardigan! And it is not too crazy that I can't wear it to work!
For more on this project (yes I sewed each rhinestone on by hand!) click here.

I am getting back to refashions, I have been spending more time sewing from scratch using patterns to learn more technique. I have even tried my hand at sewing with chiffon, which has been fun! So that is what you will find on my blog now and upcoming month. But no worries the refashions are trickling their way back, I lost some of footing when I moved. :)

Cheers,
LaLaLauren

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Makes a plain cardigan very stylish!

Anonymous said...

Ooh pretty! I love it! :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Awesome!