Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Refashion - Couch Cushion Cover to Dressy Skirt

My latest refashion project involved this couch cushion cover that was given to me for re-use.


I decided to turn it into a skirt.  

Here is how it came out:


I had some issues with the back ... see my blog for the details on the construction process.... so there is some paneling on either side of the zipper.  I went with an exposed zipper look.  I like the way it came out.  It's dressy, but the metallic gold fabric gives it a little disco funk feel to it.  I like a little funk in my fashion.  :)


I hope you like it!

Erinn of Sticky Genius

3 comments:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

This turned out AWESOME! Wow! Truly creative. Good job!

Kelley~

Corina said...

I like the exposed zipper. I should try that...

Unknown said...

I like it a lot. Great reuse of a cushion cover :-) The exposed zipper also worked out very well.
Maybe I shouldn't always be too afraid of exposing the zipper.
Eddie EOD