Monday, March 18, 2013

St Paddy's Skirt

To celebrate St Pat's in style, I decided to makeover this linen/cotton skirt I picked up at a clothes swap a few months back. The fabric and color are lovely, but the length is all wrong, and the beads and sequins were all falling off the waistband. Seriously, after trying it on for this before photo, I found at least a dozen beads/sequins on the floor.

St Paddy's Skirt - Before

So I removed the bling and some length, creating a ruffle by folding up the bottom tier. And now no one will be pinching me today!

St Paddy's Skirt - After

As always, more details and photos can be found at CarissaKnits.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! The 'after' length suits you much better

Erica, Editor on Duty

Sandy said...

Clever idea for the hem!
Sandy in the UK