Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pajama tote bag

WP_20130228_002WP_20130302_006
These cozy pants were given to me (thanks Cindy!) and I liked them as pants.  They were soft, they were snazzy with the black and white print.  They were nice pants….except they were high waisted.  Now, I’m not one to really “dress to impress” when I’m headed to bed, but I just COULD NOT DEAL with them up so high on my tummy.  
I altered the crotch area so they fit low on my hips.  Better.
Except now they were a bit too tight around my hips.  I snipped the elastic and tried to wear them but it was basically just terrible.
I tried, but some alterations are just not meant to be.   I decided to do what I do best and started slicing the pants into strips with my rotary cutter.  
Ruffles….gorgeous soft ruffles….I can’t go wrong with ruffles glued onto something, right?
WP_20130228_006
Another freebie canvas bag from some conference.  
WP_20130301_001
I layered a gazillion rows of ruffles, gluing them down with hot glue as I went until I ran out of ugly canvas to cover.
WP_20130302_006
I sent this bag to my sister hoping that she can use it for library books or something.   (and think of me and ruffles each time, knowing that I love her and them, well…her more than them of course.)
The. End.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Ohh, so very cute! I love ruffles.

Adele - Editor on Duty

Sandy said...

What a good idea...especially covering a bag like that.
I will have to keep it in mind.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Excellent idea, must try that. Lovely fabric too.

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cute bag.