Thursday, April 04, 2013

This refashion is for the birds!

Another article of clothing I thought I could wear "as is" but for some reason the colors don't work on my coloring.
I was really upset b/c I love the blue birds on the top. And it fit well. Grr. I didn't want to give it up. It is polyester so if I dyed it with iDYE at the higher temps required to dye polyester the shirt would shrink and no longer fit me.  I was torn. Then while I was cleaning my craft room one day (because I promise you at night little gnomes come and make a complete disaster of my fabric and refashions) and I stumbled upon my box of bias trims. Ding! What if I broke up the color with navy blue trim? Well it was worth a try!  
And that's What I did!! You can read about it here! And luckily I did catch while adding the bias tape several areas where the sewing was sort of bad so I am kind of glad that I did refashion it. But a simple and easy fix.

xoxoxo,
LaLaLauren 

6 comments:

Helena A. said...

Hi Lauren!
UAU, a simple yet great improvement! Well done!
Kisses from Portugal

emma said...

What a difference, so going to try this on a similar top I have.

IWOM said...

Got enough to try a line of the navy binding over the high gathered waist? Just for a look-see?

IWOM

concretenprimroses said...

Very nice. The trim really freshens it up.
Kathy

La La Lauren!!! said...

I'll I thought of te exact same thing. It's a pre packages trim so next time I'm at the store I'm going to pick some up. :)

Refashion said...

Perfect solution and wonderful save! It pops right out now. -Seeks, EOD