Sunday, May 19, 2013

Denim Jacket Embellishment

I started with this classic denim jacket, which I scored for $1 on Dollar Day at one of my fave op shops.


Inspired by some previous posts here on Refashion Co-op, I spent quite a few months searching for the perfect teatowel to embellish the back of the jacket. Nothing had caught my eye until I found this dear little embroidered silk cushion at Vinnie's for $3. 


I actually didn't realise it was silk until I took it home, so that was a bit of a bonus! I chucked in the wash, then carefully unpicked it and positioned it on the back of the jacket, folding under the edges. It was almost a perfect fit, so I didn't bother trimming any of the extra - I also didn't want to deal with fraying silk! Then I just topstitched it down. 


Head over to the blog for more pictures and some adventures with my newly-serviced vintage sewing machine!

Have a good week everyone :-)

2 comments:

Refashion said...

Your patience in waiting for the right fabric to turn up certainly paid off! Great look to your jacket.

Debbie EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

I love denim jacket refashions. This one is really cool with the beautiful subtle touch of a stunning silk scarf.