Thursday, May 16, 2013

Here's to Warm Weather!

I'm in love with this refashion!  I took an old button up shirt that I had given up on; nothing was WRONG with it, but I had been wearing it for quite a few years, and was completely over it.  I never wore it anymore.

Thus, the refashion.  I chopped off the sleeves, picked the collar and removed it, and removed the ruffle.  Then I chopped off the bottom and added some of the sleeve length into it so I could add a few pleats.

I made the waistband with the other sleeve, and covered it with a piece of lace, changed the buttons, added a zipper on the side so I could get it on, took in some of the darts below the chest and on the back, and voila, I LOVE this shirt!  I'm recognizing it's important to refashion things that I will want to wear, not things that will just hang in my closet.

I know it's kind of hard to see details because of the sun, but it's been too nice to be inside...Hope you are enjoying weather as beautiful as we are!




7 comments:

Andrea said...

so cute! love how this turned out :) great job!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I love the pleats in the back :)

Sandy said...

this is pretty wonderful. Well done!
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Bellissimo! Complimenti!
Baci, Nicole

New post on my blogFresh and casual with Kristine G.

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very sweet and nicely done.

Gwen said...

Awesome way to re-imagine that pretty lightweight fabric! I love the lace accent too.

IWOM said...

I really like how the back pleats go all peplum-y!

IWOM:EOD