Friday, May 31, 2013

Jewelry Refashions

Greetings everyone!

This post is all about turning various things into jewelry. I have several of them that I have done recently on my blog, I thought I would put them together.

First one is a medallion belt I turned into a necklace, with information found here.
I don't have a good before picture b/c it broke before I moved and in trying to save space I removed all the chains, etc but here what I had to start with. 6 in total. 1 missing a rhinestone in the middle
I took 3 of them and connected via some jump rings I had in my jewelry making kit. Then to make a simple and adjustable tie, I used some old ribbon I had in my sewing box. Not going to lie but the jump rings were hard to maneuver. Here is my necklace done. I can't wait to pair it with my summer dresses (now that it is warm in DC!!! finally!)
I am hoping to play around with the other ones. Maybe use some of my nailpolish and add some color to them! That would be fun

The second jewelry project is almost funny because it all started with a candle. Yup a candle which had this lovely peacock charm
Upon feeling it I realized I could probably make it work as a necklace. Using some items from my  jewelry making stash I combined some crystals and a few jump rings to come up with this necklace.
Yup and when someone asked me where I got my peacock charm I tell them from a candle and they completely look at me funny! For more information click here.

My final project was a button necklace. I don't know about you but I have a lot of buttons in my stash now from refashioning so much. I went from nothing to holy cow I have so many buttons. I have bought 2 packs of buttons my entire life- each for a shirt! crazy! The rest have come from refashioning! And a few from sewing friends.
I pulled out the gold buttons (I sorted out by color and tone) and decided to make a necklace. I had some scrap felt, some chain, and a hook and eye. I came up with this. I had to layer it several times with the felt to give it stability. I hot glued and sewed the buttons down too. For more info click here.

Hope you enjoyed them! I am excited to get some clothing refashions done soon. I have been busy tending to my little apartment gardening. It has been taking up a lot of time but things are growing!

Cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

Sandy said...

wow those are cool. love the button one. very inspirational.
Sandy in the UK

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Love a good button refashion.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Thank you!:)