Saturday, May 11, 2013

Men's shirt to pencil skirt

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers this weekend...whether you are a mom, guardian, teacher, a daycare provider, a grandmother, aunt, older sister, cousin or simply a mentor and good role model to the children in your lives...you act as mothers to those children and in some cases are the best version of a mother that they know :) Great job!!!

Ok, now to the refashion. I'll link in the tutorial that I used to make this skirt seeing as I was too lazy to make my own version :) I started with this cotton men's shirt...I loved the print and the fabric (very comfy) and of course the great price that a thrift store offers!


I'd seen a gorgeous button-down-the-back pencil skirt on Pinterest that I wanted to imitate, but I wanted it to be one that could be worn casually as well as more dressed up. Yesterday, I came across a pin on Pinterest for this tutorial where the blogger makes a hip hugging pencil skirt that was super easy to follow. Here's how mine turned out!



Only addition to the process I made were these two darts in the front to get a better fit in the waist/tummy area. It's light enough for the summer and playing at the park and funky enough to dress up for date night :) And I love the buttons up the back!!! The only change I may make is to remove the pocket on the back and move it down just enough to make it visible against the pattern of the fabric. Hoping to get a chance to work on a couple more refashions this weekend...hope you all are enjoying your weekend in whatever way that reenergizes and refreshes you!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

4 comments:

Eddie Roued said...

Wow that looks really fab. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. :-)

Eddie

Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation.

Huli said...

That turned out really well & fits you perfectly :)

Refashion said...

I really like the use of this fabric, and the pocket in the back. Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Great refashion....Love how you have kept the buttons at the back for a little bit of extra interest.