Sunday, May 12, 2013

Not my usual...

Hiya I refashioned a pair of striped trousers & I love them!
They started out as a bootleg, cuffed trouser which I thrifted for $1 and at the time thought I might wear them "as-is" but once I tried them on I found they were too tight at the waist which caused them to ride up and pretty nearly give me a wedgie! haha!
So they got tossed in the refashioning pile never to be seen until I dug them out last weekend!
The before:
 The back view before:
 After unpicking the waistband and taking down the cuffs. I then pinned them down both the inside & outside legs. Stitched the seams, trimmed, overlocked & cut off the hem to an ankle grazing length.

I then used the cut offs from the hem to create a new waistband and re-attached the belt loops:


And now I have a pair of awesome & seriously comfortable trousers:
 As always you can find me on facebook ;) xHuli



3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love how these turned out! So into stripes right now, they look great, good work! -♥- Rachel (For the Birds Blog / 3 Giveaways!!)

Refashion said...

Wonderful! I hate picking out waistbands, but this pair of pants is so worth it! -Seeks, EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

I can't say i dislike them before (well, except the excessive length), but they looks just fabulous after! :) lisa