Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tribal Shirt Refashion

I found this top one day and I thought it would be fabulous to wear as is but it just didn't work
It was actually crooked. But man for less than $0.50 and what a fabulous print. Drool.

I realized that I had enough room in the elastic to fit my hips and it had enough length  to be a skirt so I turned it to a skirt! Yay!

I cut above the elastic right where the sleeves started. I serged the edge to finish and prevent the fabric from fraying. Then I fold the fabric over, and while stretching the elastic I sewed the fabric down. Basically like creating a casing. I did nothing to the bottom since it was already finished.

Here is my new skirt. I can't wait to have fun pairing this skirt with different tops and belts!



For more information and pictures click here!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the print. I can well understand why you wanted to keep it as something you would wear.

Eddie, EOD

Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation. :-)