Friday, June 14, 2013

Poncho-esque to Cute Summer Vest?

Here's a very simple refashion!  I found this top at Goodwill (apologies for the pictures of it already cut, I got too excited!)


But you get the idea; big baggy top.  I chopped the arms off, and cut the shirt open directly down the center (if you look closely, you'll see that I already cut in the picture).  I fitted it to me, added some of the excess white from the sleeves into the back to give a tiny flare, and added a hook and eye at the front.  I cut the sleeves off right at the seam, and I like how it eludes to a small cap sleeve, when all I did was roll the exposed edge under and hem it.  I love the bright colors, and how this snazzes up a boring tank.







Head over to my blog, www.patchworkpastries.blogspot.com for more refashions!


11 comments:

MadameRenard said...

great! :)

Sandy said...

Oh! now I know what to do with my blouse like this I got in Romania over 20 years ago. I have never really liked the fit because of a peasant neckline that didn't work on me.
Very inspiring.
Sandy in the UK

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous and a great transformation. Well done.

Terra the Reuser said...

Super cute! Nice work!

Adrienne said...

This is REALLY cute! =) good job!

concretenprimroses said...

Very pretty. Thank you for the back flare idea!
Kathy

Zhenya H said...

I love this!
Z
http://beingzhenya.com

Sucre said...

the fit looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love it! :)
~Jen

Unknown said...

Fabulous, what a great wardrobe piece for summer

Erica, Editor on Duty

Saga said...

It looks great!
And now I know what to do with that folkloristic shirt in my closet.