Monday, June 03, 2013

Wild West Hitchin'


Here is my second refashion. I was invited to a Wild West Most Wanted themed Hitchin' (wedding), and needed a 20s style saloon dress. So I hit the thrift stores hoping to find something fun and glamorous to wear. Without success and time running out; I am a very last minute person, I decided I could sew something I found in the thrift store into something suitable to wear.

I started with an ugly velvet ruffly floor length skirt with lovely lace at the bottom. I pulled the skirt up above my chest, took it in a lot while giving it some shape, then I used the leftover lace from the bottom of the skirt to make a fun strappy back. Added some much needed accessories … and success!

The themed wedding was so much fun!

: )

Alyssa


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a perfect little black dress

Anonymous said...

I love this! And I love how you can see the back of the dress in the after pic! I love the criss cross lace detail in the back. Gorgeous!

Sandy said...

this is so cool!
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Love it! You could also wear your dress to a Gatsby inspired event too

Terra the Reuser said...

Super cute refashion. I love the ingenuity and creativity!