Friday, July 19, 2013

Bandana, bandana, bandana



Someone gave me three unused bandanas in lovely bright colours



I couldn't decide what to make for myself with them, but in the end decided on a patchwork Colette Sorbetto top, by cutting the bandanas into strips and patching together.  I didn't do the pleat down the front because I thought I wouldn't have enough fabric.

I made bias binding out of a sash from a skirt.




You can see more photos here and read how I got round running out of bandana fabric.



6 comments:

Ali said...

Love the colour combination!!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful. Great idea.
Sandy in the UK

Anonymous said...

Very innovative. Love the colours!

Dominique said...

Love the brightness and energy of that shirt! Thanks for the inspiration !

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

The colours work really well together. I see so many of these charity bandanas at thrift stores so this is a great reuse. I would never have thought of it so thank you for sharing.

Refashion said...

As everyone else points out, the color combo is great! I love the idea of patchwork sorbettos. Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD