Saturday, July 20, 2013

Freecycle Comic Fabric Leggings and Baby Onesie

I've found it hard to motivate myself to sew lately, although I did manage to get my hands on some amazing knit fabric from a local Freecycler.  Receiving this comic fabric really gave me inspiration to make! 

 :: Freecycled Comic Fabric ::
So I made a baby onesie for our new family addition using a free tutorial and pattern by Shwin&Shwin:
  

And decided to have a go at making my own leggings drafting a pattern from an existing pair, with the help of Crafty Gemini's excellent YouTube instructional video How To Make Leggings - DIY Tutorial
:: Fabric cut, ready to sew ::
 



I still have metres of fabric left over too, so I'll be making other things soon.  I freecycle!

More here

Photobucket

3 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cute onesie. I used to dress my girls in leggings back in the day....like to think now that I was way ahead of my time. Love the leggings and how you have styled them with different footwear.

Refashion said...

I do love a good freecycle find. :) Glad you put it to good use. -Seeks, EOD

Mikelina said...

Oh my god! You wear leggings like me! We're leggings twins. Great project!