Friday, July 05, 2013

Large short sleeve shirt to sleeveless blouse

The challenge: Not wind up looking like a Larry the Cable Guy sleeveless shirt. The method: Remove the sleeves AND the top part of the collar. The result: An Asian-like collar and a breezy sleeveless blouse. I really fell in love with the deep blue color to begin with; the styling was just too 1980's for my taste. Besides, it is over 90ยบ F today, so it was high time to lighten up the shirt to a blouse (which is more lady-like, methinks).

That '80's Shirt, with Albert the Photo-bomber!

I removed the sleeves and the top pointy-collar piece.

It's almost like a "Nehru" collar or Asian-style collar, and I like it better!

2 comments:

IWOM said...

Possibly the best gender-crossing fashion element in the world, that ol' Nehru collar thang -- and classic to boot.

IWOM

Refashion said...

I agree with IWOM. That Nehru collar is a wonderful fashion element. And I fully agree with you on kicking out sleeves for the summer. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD